Benefits of Outsourced Bookkeeping
Business owners often underestimate the true cost of maintaining an in-house bookkeeper. The cost of a full-time, in-house bookkeeper is more than just a salary. It includes the cost of hiring, training as well as benefits, taxes, equipment, office space and software.
- It saves time and money
- It eliminates the need to hire, train and supervise an internal bookkeeper
- There are added tax savings
- Less paper means a greener, environmentally-friendly office
- Resources & Accessibility
- In-House Bookkeeper
- You are forced to pay a salary and benefits even when there is no work to be done.
- You have to rely on one employee who may not have the skills to keep your books and financials in order.
- If you are relying on one person to manage your bookkeeping and they get sick or need to take a long leave of absence your entire business could suffer.
- There is always the risk that your bookkeeper resigns and leaves you having to go through the recruitment, selection and training process again.
- An internal bookkeeper needs an office, furniture, computer and software. Most often, your important accounting data is locked up in their computer with only the bookkeeper having access to it.
- Rely on computers and on-site back-ups.
- You pay only for work done. Typically, a full-time bookkeeper earns an average of $40,000 per year. We can commonly complete this work in 25 billable hours. This means you are essentially paying $133 per hour for a full-time bookkeeper. Our fees average $32 per hour i.e. a savings of well over 50%.
- We are a full service accounting firm with a wealth of expertise.
- BKSC has someone available to keep your books up-to-date at all times.
- We aren’t going anywhere and we will continually work hard to keep your business.
- BKSC has all the resources and technology in place to manage your accounting function. We make use of a secure cloud server to store your documents. Your accounting information is available 24/7 via the internet.
- Off-site back-ups are included in our service.